To have submissions considered for publication, please send your press release or other materials to the contacts below. Please include product descriptions, high-resolution images, name and contact information to: Western & English Today, David Renfrow, Associate Editor, , 6688 N. Central Expressway, Suite 650, Dallas, TX 75206, FAX: (214) 750-8222
ACROSS THE INDUSTRY
“THE ART OF LAYERING, PART THREE”: OUTERWEAR FROM KERRITS
When the rain and snow come down and wind begins to howl, Kerrits’ storm-worthy collection of outerwear pieces has your customer covered. In the last of the three-part series, “The Art of Layering,” outerwear, the protective layer that shields from wind and precipitation, is covered. Kerrits offers a variety of protective outerwear pieces to keep the wearer dry while maintaining breathability, including the new Cargo Jacket, Coach’s Coat, Equishell Jacket, Equishell Pant, Wintersport Pant, Sit Tight N Warm and Griptek Gaitor.
The job of outerwear is to keep the wearer dry, hold in body heat and allow water vapor to escape. This is an important piece when the wearer is active, because if wind and water are allowed to penetrate to inner layers, the body begins to cool. Furthermore, without proper ventilation, perspiration can’t evaporate but instead condenses on the inside of the shell. Some of the favorite outer-layers Kerrits has to offer for fall/winter 2009:
- The Equishell Jacket is waterproof, with critically sealed seams. It has a stow-able, removable hood. It’s also breathable and features a flocked horse design on the sleeve. It sells for $159.
- The Cargo Jacket, $199, is also waterproof and breathable with critically sealed seams. It is fleece-lined with a removable hood and has zippers at the wrist and hip to customize fit.
- The Coach’s Coat, $229, waterproof and breathable, with critically sealed seams, also has a stow-able, removable hood. The coat opens to cover the saddle cantle, and has internal leg straps to keep the coat in place while thee rider is astride. The pommel flap snaps away when it is not in use.
- The all-way stretch Windsport exterior Wintersport Pant is wind- and rain-resistant. It has classic front-fly styling, two pockets, belt loops and Eco-suede knee patches. The tapered legs zip open to a boot cut. The Wintersport Pant sells for $99.
- The Sit Tight N Warm Fullseat pant, $119, has a durable wind- and rain-blocking WindPro exterior and a soft, plush fleece interior and features breathable, four-way stretch. The Griptek Fullseat provides no-slip grip even when wet.
- The Griptek Gaitors are wind- and water-resistant and stretch for a perfect fit. They are machine-washable and sell for $79.
Kerrits' Cargo Jacket in Plaidy
The waterproof Equishell Jacket in Glacier