Covering the people and business that shape our industry, W&E Today provides retailers and manufacturers with education and ideas that provoke innovation in the Western and English markets.
• Western & English Today builds credibility with your retailers. Research commissioned by American Business Media ranks business-to-business magazines as No. 1 in providing information and insight retailers need to build their businesses. Fifty-six percent of respondents chose trade magazines as their most trusted source, followed by trade shows (at 51 percent), salespeople (at 48 percent) and manufacturers’ Web sites (at 47 percent).
• Western & English Today romances your brand by efficiently distributing your advertising message to the nation’s retailers, accompanied by supportive, knowledgeable editorial. And with a recognizable brand, everything you do becomes easier. Retailers recognize your logo. They recognize you at industry events and trade shows, and are more likely to answer the phone when your sales representatives call.
• Western & English Today helps you sell more to your existing customers. How? Because they have already established a buying relationship with you, they are more inclined to act quickly when they see your new products advertised in Western & English Today. Whether it’s new products you’re introducing, or product lines you’re extending, Western & English Today acts as your "advance team" to your best customers.
• Western & English Today enhances your image with retailers. With award-winning editorial, razor-sharp photography and high production values, the "third-party voice" of an expertly done trade magazine, accompanied by your advertising message, will earn your company a much higher degree of trust than a competitor with similar products that does not invest in trade advertising.
• Western & English Today adds productivity to sales calls. We all know how expensive in-person sales calls are. Consistent trade advertising keeps your brand and your new products in front of retailers — so that when your sales rep walks through the retailer’s door, the manager is more likely to say, "I just saw your new line in Western & English Today," than "what new line?" The pre-selling work we do puts you well on the road to a sale.
• Western & English Today reinforces your brand to your own employees. Let’s face it: A strong, visible identity in the industry is a real morale builder with the troops and your designers love to see their latest creations in dazzling full-color magazine ads. Plus, reinforcing your brand’s key message publicly helps focus your employees on your company’s core branding message — as well as key new products.
• Western & English Today helps grow your market share. The consistent, high-quality message that you send to the nation’s retailers every time they pick up an issue of Western & English Today makes them more likely to buy from you at trade shows or during a sales call. With your advertising, you can establish a consistent message and a predisposition to buy among prospective retailers at a modest out-of-pocket cost.
• Western & English Today is cost-effective. At the one-time, four-color, full-page rate of $3,791, it costs you less than 36 cents per retailer to reach all the nation’s best prospects for selling your products. You can’t even mail them all a First-Class letter for that; let alone your advertising message printed on 60-pound coated stock, and wrapped in dozens of messages and marketing tips to increase their store’s profitability.